Calming Chamomile Tea Foot Soak
Chamomile or camomile has been a popular herb for many centuries. Its use even dates back to the ancient Roman, Greeks and Egyptians. It is renowned for its many health benefits such as calming and soothing properties for both adults and children.
Rendering to WebMD, a German government organization (Commission E) approved the use of German chamomile on the skin to combat bacteria and to reduce swelling. Research also shows that chamomile works like an anti-inflammatory and help moisturize and heal dry feet.
- Basin for water
- 6-7 chamomile tea bags
- ½ cup bath salts (Epsom or sea salt)
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 tablespoons of raw honey
- In a large pan, boil water for the basin.
- Add the teabags in the basin. Allow to seep for about five minutes then remove
- Mix in Epsom salt, lavender oil and honey
- Soak your feet for at least twenty minutes
- Pat dry your feet
- Apply a light layer of coconut oil for a moisturizer
Original Source: Suburban Simplicity